Email:
tyler.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Address:

Julio Velazquez-Elder Tyler Blanchard
Po. Box 1486
Presidio, TX 79845

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 66 (Carmago, Mexico)



I did get my package. And don’t worry it doesn’t have as much to do with when you send it because it goes from you guys to Texas.  And the guy there brings it over the boarder to our mission.  The place he drops the packages off at is far from the mission offices, where we go to collect our packages. So we have to wait until the elders from that other area bring all of the packages over to the offices.  And, trips aren’t made that often, so I think it has to do with that.


But I really liked the package it was great. The pants are a bit too big but apart from that everything is great. I love the little bag that you sent me it is perfect. The treats were all great too, my companion and I already downed almost all of them. The sweater is nice and warm. Thank you all for the letter. And the pens and little journals were great too. 

This week went really well. The second day I was with my companion we were contacting this lady on a bench in a park.  And after we got her information and had taught her a bit we got up and started to head out then this guy came over and contacted us. He said he had lost everything because of drugs…his house, wife, kids. He said he wanted help. We talked to him for a bit and put a time to meet him in the same spot the next day. The next day we went and he didn’t show up.


But the other day we were walking down the street and this guy started honking at us, passed us and said wait here as he drove by, he drove by too fast for us to see but he stopped up ahead. The guy that hopped out was the guy we had talked to. He told us that since that day he had talked with us he hadn’t fallen back and done drugs. He found us Saturday and asked us where the church was and we gave him the direction and he ended up coming the next day to church with us. The guy is really cool and we have a meeting with him again on Tuesday. So we will see what goes down.

Training is going great my companion Elder Heindel is really cool. He speaks really quite a bit already, he conjugates his verbs, speaks pretty clearly, and he learns really fast. We get along great and overall the training is going really well. I am still district leader too over the same district. Our district works crazy hard, or as we say here como negros, and we are doing really well.

Emily is growing up really fast and getting really big. That is cool you guys are looking for the missionaries when you are out and about.  Tell Emily that I miss her too. I only have  9 months left. before the mission that seemed like a lot  but now the time moves differently, a lot faster so I will be there before we know it.

I did hear that something went down in France but I wasn’t sure what. I heard someone say something about a bombing or something by terrorists on the Eiffel Tower, but I  didn’t know it was a bunch of shootings. I hear a bunch of gossip from the people we contact in the streets.

Someone told me that Wiz Khalifa and Kanye West and Donald trump are running for president and that Donald trump looks like he is going to win. I also was told that Obama left his wife for a singer or something like that. Everything sounds like it is really crazy but I have no idea how much is true.

Yes we do still get to eat with the members every day, but from what I know there is nothing planned for this day. We will see what happens, a lot of times the members just give us 50 pesos each. Who knows what we will do but I hope it involves a pumpkin pie.

As for stuff to stick in my Christmas package, I have only come up with some salted nuts so far, but I will try and come up with more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment