Email:
tyler.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Address:

Julio Velazquez-Elder Tyler Blanchard
Po. Box 1486
Presidio, TX 79845

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 39 (Bario del Norte, Mexico)



It was great to talk with you guys this last week. I did enjoy it even though the connection made it difficult. It was cool to be able to talk and see you guys. Glad to hear that my Spanish is sounding good. Ha-ha although my accent doesn’t sound Argentine I’m glad it at least sounds Mexican and not too gringo. 

Ha-ha that is great that Emily was able to give a lesson on the restoration. It is crazy how such a simple event had such an impact on the world. 

That is crazy I can’t believe great-grandma went to the hospital, hopefully everything turns out well and she is able to get back to normal quickly. I hope all is going well with grandpa’s treatments as well.

That is way cool that you guys have the elders over there now and that Daniel has a chance to work with them. from what I have seen here in the mission the first time is always awkward and weird for them, but as the youth warm up to us as missionaries they actually start to enjoy it and it always helps the youth learn a bit more. That will be interesting to hear about make sure you let me know what happens I want to hear a bit about how the missionary work is over there.

This last week went well. The teenage that we found wasn’t able to come to church last week because of school. She did have a baptism date but it fell because she didn’t go to church, and this last week she went out of town because it is vacations right now and she went back with her family. But there is this lady named Nicha she is way cool. When we first found her she only wanted to listen without any commitment, because she was Christian and liked to hear about God. But the other day she told us that she was praying every night to ask if the things that we told her were true and if she should change churches. It was way cool to hear. We then had a lesson about the restoration and she said oh wow now I see what is different about this church. She went to church on Sunday and she clicked immediately with the relief society and one of the ladies. It was way cool. She already committed to coming the next week. 

The visit from General Authority was cool, he talked about remembering who we are: children of God and how we need to help other understand this and what it really means because many say they know but they don’t really know. They know it in their heads but not in the heart. I didn’t have to speak luckily, I was really happy that I didn’t get called but it was really beneficial to prepare. 

That is way cool to hear that you were praying on Thursday because that is when we had the lesson about the restoration with Nicha and the whole day was really cool. I remember thinking there is not enough time in the day because we were constantly working and had something to do and the day flew by. I like it when we have a lot to do like that. 

This last week we were walking in the street and this dog came walking by us along the fence. My companion took a heavy step towards it to started it and make it jump. But instead it tried biting him and ripped his pants. He wasn’t too happy but it was hilarious. Both me and this guy in a nearby delivery truck were laughing.

This week during the food there was this little kid and he was crazy. We were all sitting at the table and this one year old was sitting there with his little plate and we all looked over at him just in time to see him dump almost the entire container of chile dust onto his food. His mom then took away the powder but she didn’t take away the food and the kid took a giant bite of pure chile dust, luckily it wasn’t very spicy. 

This last week I went to do an interview in the area of the other elders. I went with Elder Vuyk from Utah but the family told us that the dad was going to come out and yell at us if we didn’t leave. The girl told us that her dad had never been like that against any other church she had tried to become a part of. Interesting how Satan works. 

Today in the morning we had the meeting with Elder Christiansen of the Seventy. We got there early and I got to talk with Elder Hansen my old comp and Elder Rojas, Elder Babbs’ old companion and Elder Camuzano my old zone leader who is now in Anahuac. They told me that Juan Manuel the ward mission leader now. It was really cool to talk to them and catch up on old times. I talked to Elder Johnson he is in the city CuauhtĂ©moc and he works in the area where I went on divisions for two weeks. While there the person I was with and I we found a family and we taught them a bit, this Elder Johnson told me that there daughter got baptized and that the mom wants to but can’t because she isn’t married to the person she is living with. But it was way cool because Elder Johnson said that they had remembered my name and when I went to visit them. 

Elder Christiansen gave a cool training on the atonement. How we need to study and apply the atonement in everything we do. He went on to explain how the Book of Mormon contains around 55 or 52 (can’t remember what the number was) and only talks about in the Bible a few times. He said that we know more about the atonement that anyone else. He said that in training he had received from Elder Nielsen of the Twelve he said that SIRI knew more about the atonement than the world did. He said that as missionaries it is our role to explain the atonement and testify of it. 

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment