Email:
tyler.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Address:

Julio Velazquez-Elder Tyler Blanchard
Po. Box 1486
Presidio, TX 79845

Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 25 (Anáhuac, Mexico)



I can’t believe that I have been in the mission for six months. A 1/2 year in the mission is crazy, it feels like I just started yesterday. The weeks are going by crazy fast it feels like I was just here writing. The time in general is just moving crazy fast.

Thanks for fasting for me, I may not have the highest numbers but I do love the mission and am having lots of fun. We fasted this week for our investigators. There is one in particular who is in a pretty rough spot in life. He has no job so he is never able to buy food and he has no family that lives here close to him. He was always really sad. When we first met him we told him that he could change his life if he wanted. And we said one of the ways is going to church. He has come to church the past two weeks. Yesterday he went to church and later we found out he got a job. It is really cool to see the gospel changing this guy’s life and happiness it is bringing him. 

Fasting has been going well here in the mission we have seen lots of miracles for example yesterday with that guy finding a job. At one point we were fasting 2 or 3 times a week because our zone leaders asked the zone to do so. We found out later that we weren’t supposed to be fasting that often and actually we are only supposed to fast once or twice a month.

We still have appointments to eat with members every day, well every day but Monday. We eat on our own on Mondays last week we went to subway and we will probably do that again today. The same members do feed us every day. It is actually pretty good usually, just it is kind of boring right now because it is cold and everyone makes the same soup called caldo. Last week we did divisions and I worked in Cuauhtémoc for three days and I got to eat really well. We had this toasted bread with beans on top with melted cheese that was way good. We got that with tortillas of flour and also like burger meat mixed with potatoes and Chile and we got a dessert of ice cream. Another day we got pizza burritos and soup. 

I am getting along really well with my companion. He is really cool, and I am learning a lot from him too. I also get along really well with the other two elders next door they are really cool too that is Elder Babb and Elder Perez. Today we all made breakfast together breakfast burritos, eggs, hotdogs, and rice. I am getting along well with the zone too we just aren’t with them much. 

Sorry I don’t have pictures this week, and I spent a lot of my time today downloading talks and Mormon messages to my usb.

Love 
Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment