Email:
tyler.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Address:

Julio Velazquez-Elder Tyler Blanchard
Po. Box 1486
Presidio, TX 79845

Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 3 (MTC)

I was able to catch Tyler right as he was emailing me. So here is the "conversation":


Me: How are you? Do you need me to send anything?

Tyler:  No, I don’t really need anything.



Me: Great!!! How do you get along with your companion?

Tyler:  I get along really well with my companion.
How is everyone at home?          

Me: Great! Daniel played hobble creek yesterday, they won 2:0. Daniel hasn't been able to score lately. He keeps missing. Emily keeps busy. She loves soccer. She scored 2 goals on Sat. They beat USA. Daniel is performing with his band tonight at the school. Before the Miner-Mustang Mashup!! Trying to decide if I should go watch, since it is for the students.
  
Tyler:  I am sure Daniel would love you guys to show up haha.

Me: Ha, very funny! The other parents are.

Tyler:  That is good. Did you guys get the pictures?


Me: Yes, thank you. How is your Spanish? Are you the only one going to Chihuahua?

Tyler:  My Spanish is pretty good we have to speak all of the time so it comes pretty easily. We have to speak Spanish in our lessons, in talks, and in class so we get tons of practice. My grammar isn't the best but its coming. Last week I was randomly called to give a talk in sacrament meeting, in Spanish, it wasn't too bad but I had a bit of a cold so that kind of sucked.  

Guess I feel more at ease giving talks but only because no one really listens to these ones and there aren't that many people. I have been enjoying it here its been really fun. And no I'm not the only one going to Chihuahua, half of the people in my district are going to Chihuahua and half are going to Puebla south Mexico. Elder Gumm is going to Chihuahua too.

Me: Have you played soccer?

Tyler:  No, I don't play soccer because the two fields are packed with people and it's right in the middle of the day and it's way hot. They have these inflatable buildings, like the bubble where Daniel and I played soccer last year with Bingham and I go to those and play volleyball or lift weights. 

We found a soccer ball in the street by our apartment so we brought it in our class and we juggle. They all think I'm amazing and it's nice to take a break and juggle.


Me: Oh good, I was wondering if I could send you a soccer ball.

I am sure you did great with your talk!! I wrote you a letter yesterday wondering if you got picked to give a talk!! You know with your luck!!!

You should get the letter tomorrow.

Tyler:  I don't know if you know but there is a website called dearelder.com where you can write a letter to me and it will get it to me the same day. I don't know if that is easier or what, but just thought I would let you know.

Me: I know you don’t need anything but what would you like? Emily wants to send you a package!!

Tyler:  Umm,  I have no idea what I would want in a package, we have so much food here so if she wants to send something just do something small.

Me: Fernando might be sending his paper in in the fall!!  I hope you enjoy every minute of your experience. We are so proud of you!!

Tyler:  I have been having a lot of fun here at the MTC. Time flies by here especially the last couple weeks. In one of your letters you wanted me to tell you more about my district so here it is:
  • Elder Trevor Gumm- from Redding California. Was a DJ and he likes to work on his truck.
  • Elder Robert Hatch- from somewhere in Wyoming. Likes music, played the saxophone.
  • Elder Burnette- I already talked about him
  • Elder Tanner Allan- From Pausbow Washington. Likes to lift weights and he is twenty.
  • Elder Walter St. Pierre- from Moscow Idaho. Studied molecular biology at byu.
  • Elder Artur Gomez- from  Las Vegas and went to school at byu. He sings all of the time
  • Elder Rose- From pleasant grove Utah. Played tennis
  • Elder Josh Brown- from somewhere in Arizona. Played basketball and football.
  • Elder Bracken Parker- from Preston Idaho. Played football and basketball grew up on a farm.


After writing emails we are going to head over to Brighams Landing and go get some food. Brighams Landing is where we went before I was dropped of at the MTC. I'm probably going to eat at that sandwich place.

Me: Remember Amber Hauber? She works at the MTC cafeteria and told me she saw you!

Does your bag work ok?

Tyler:  My bag does work. I did see Amber. I talked to her once and I have said hi to her a couple of times. I also have seen Tyler Bird up here too, he works on the cleaning staff. 

We are going to head out to go eat soon and then we have class, anything else before I go?

Me: No just have fun!!! Love you tons and we are very proud of you!!!! 

Actually write something to Emily!! That would make her day!!!!
  

Tyler:  Okay cool, love you guys too, talk to you next week. I will try to write a letter this week and send it to her

___________________

I also received a message from a mom who's son is sharing the same apartment with Tyler:

"Have you heard from Elder Blanchard? I have to tell you that Kyle mentioned that he (your son) "is one of the coolest elders here"! Just thought you should know:) Happy Thursday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment