Email:
tyler.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Address:

Julio Velazquez-Elder Tyler Blanchard
Po. Box 1486
Presidio, TX 79845

Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 18 (Anáhuac, Mexico)



This week I got a new companion his name is Elder Hansen. We are both in Anahuac in my same area. He is from Logan, Utah. His nickname is Thor because he is huge like Thor and also looks like him, especially before the mission because he had almost the same hair. I knew him before the changes because he was in Cuauhtémoc and in my zone. Elder Maldonado went to Parral and is now a zone leader. There were no other changes within Anahuac…there were a few more changes within the zone but not much is different.

 
This week while in Chihuahua for the changes I saw Elder Parker, he was an elder that was in my district in the MTC. He had to serve in Las Vegas or Reno, Nevada for a month while waiting for some immigration papers. It was cool to see him again and I was glad to see that he made it here.

This week working with Elder Hansen went well we just had problems finding members to help us out with lessons because they have all been busy, but we have been doing really well. We have been doing lots of contacts because lots of the people weren’t home this week for lessons. 

I talked to a recent convert this last week and she was telling me that before her baptism she was having lots of problems with her leg because of diabetes but now after the baptism her leg has been doing a lot better and not hurting her. 

The ward in Anahuac is growing really fast. The youth of the ward have been inviting their non-member friends to church and helping convert them, the situation reminds me a lot of one of the Mormon messages. It talks of a ward in Africa and how there was one priesthood boy in the ward and he didn’t like being the only one so he invited a friend who invited a friend that started a whole domino effect.

This last Sunday five minutes before church I was asked to give a talk in church because the person who was supposed to didn’t show up. It wasn’t too bad, well for me. I think it was probably worse for those in the congregation that had to listen ha-ha.

This next week on Saturday is the Christmas dinner in Chihuahua. All of the missionaries in Chihuahua go to the city and we all eat together. Sounds like they are going to have some restaurants catering, the members will be making some food, and there will be tons of desserts. There will also be a dinner in the ward of Anahuac but I don’t know many of the details yet. 

This Christmas time has been great and I haven’t been feeling down or bad at all. It has been a cool experience. Everyone says that they love Christmas' on the mission and so far I agree, it has been great.

That is a good idea to make drawings of Jesus for those that are lonely or just for investigators in general. I just have to find the time, and then maybe I can do a couple.


The picture of the houses is of the fog that we saw last week in Anahuac. It was a lot thicker than it looks in the picture. It was really cool to see. I think I took this on Wednesday. It hasn’t snowed at all but everyone says it should be snowing soon. So I guess we will see.  


The picture with the green background in of me in the theatre. We were going to be showing the Christmas devotional and Christmas videos and be inviting people off of the street to enter and watch. A lot like we did the other week. But since we had been working so hard and having so much success they rewarded us by letting us watch the Christmas devotional.

 
And then I took that picture of my comp just barely while we were here at the cyber writing because I knew you guys would kill me if I didn’t have at least one picture of him.

The zone leaders just came into the cyber and they brought my package, thanks so much. I will be sure to take some pictures tonight when I get back to Anahuac. 

Love Elder Blanchard  

No comments:

Post a Comment