Email:
tyler.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Address:

Julio Velazquez-Elder Tyler Blanchard
Po. Box 1486
Presidio, TX 79845

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 11 (AnĂ¡huac, Mexico)


Things have been going well, it has been a bit tough because a lot of the people are not ever in their homes or they are too busy at the time to hear our message and our area is big so we spend a lot of time walking from house to house. I have gotten a crazy tan because we are in the sun so much. I have a line on my neck where my collar always is and my watch has left its mark too.



This last week we baptized a little girl named Alejandra and it is crazy how much their family has changed. Her parents were less actives but now they come every week and they are all so happy.
 

My shoes are still in perfect condition no problems, they just get really dirty during the week but when I shine them Sunday morning they look brand new.

Luckily I didn't get transferred, my companion didn't either. Elder McGavin and his companion got transferred and it is sad to see them go, but hopefully the new missionaries will be good.

I am so lucky to have hot water and I am so happy that I don't have to worry about that. We would have to wring out our laundry and hang it up to dry but we decided it is easier to pay like 3 or 4 bucks to get it done at a laundromat which is so much faster and easier. 


I think we do get to see Meet the Mormons, I have no idea how or when but we got an email from the mission office about it so I guess we will find out soon.

It sounds like you guys have been eating a lot of Mexican food lately haha. The Mexican food here is great but when they try and do an American thing it is not so great. I haven't been too fond of the spaghetti but its edible, and the mayonnaise they don't use it very often but when they do they use tons of it. But if I don't like something I usually just put tons of beans and rice on it.

We can only have like four tortillas but that one is only if there is a lot of other food if not we can have all that we want. And we can have cold cereal for breakfast just no cereal with sugar. I had cornflakes at first and I just threw in a banana and it was really good. And this week I tried another cereal like honey bunch of oats but with cranberries that was really good. The one that sucks is that we can only eat sugar between 11am and 7pm which sucks because at night I just want to eat the chocolate. There are a bunch of weird rules I will have to send you a picture of the list we got.

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment